Monday, November 30, 2009

Been too long

Wow, wish I could say where all the time goes. Mais, I have no definite place in mind. The most likely place seems to be Lou's. So I suppose the biggest news in my life is my big move coming up in a few short weeks. If you are unaware of this I made a note about it on BookFACE. I will be moving on to not quite greener pastures, cause its a fucking desert but shortly I will have a sweet job with benefits. But fret not readers, I will continue on my quest of journalism and music!

Now for a few Artists I have encountered lately:
"The Builders and The Butchers" is an indie folk band currently touring with Brand New. I happened upon them when I was looking up tickets for Brand New. I got their album, "Salvation is a Deep Dark Well" on a whim, thinking my satisfaction would go either way. The blew my mind. Who knew that a band could have a mandolin, while still singing lyrics that are something that would make Jeff Mangum proud, and still make one play the air drums?? Not me. Think of how surprised I was to find that weeks before I moved into the "Bordello", the house played host to this band! Small, crazy world indeed.

"The Dead Weather" is Jack White's new band. With a twist: he hits the skins this time. Lead Singer from the Kills (Allison Mosshart), Jack Lawrence (Raconteurs), and Dean Fertita (Queens of the Stone Age) complete the band line up. Their debut Album is titled, "Horehound." Must I say any. thing. else?

Thats all for now, more later kids

No comments: